Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Still no "meal plan", but I have made some tasty meals!

Hello! I do apologize that I haven't done an actual meal plan. I have however, made some pretty tasty meals this week, and I wanted to share them.

Sunday night I made the chicken over warm kale asparagus salad from the Publix Apron's Simple Meals program. It was very good. I didn't add the sugar, but I pretty much followed the recipe spot on otherwise. Oh, I also was unsure as to what seasoning they were referring to, so I just used garlic and italian seasoning. It was really good!

Last night we wanted some yummy, hearty, warming soup. I have some ground beef so I thought about making chili. However, I had a lot more chicken so I decided on a version of this Chicken Chili from Paleo Prize. I didn't decide to make it ahead of time so I didn't use the slow cooker. Instead, I boiled some chicken. I used the broth from boiling the chicken as the base of my soup. I was scared Brad wouldn't be a fan of the coconut milk so I didn't add that, but I otherwise made it pretty much as suggested in the blog. I topped mine with avocado, lime juice and cilantro. I thought it was perfect. Brad thought it was bland. Maybe the slow cooker is the way to go with this soup. It may give the foods a better chance to meld together.

Tonight's meal was probably the winner of the week so far! YUM! YUM! I made this pan-seared chicken with balsamic cream recipe from Peace, Love and Low Carb. You should make it ASAP! Wow, it was delicious. It was rich and flavorful. Brad really enjoyed it, too. He told me it was good before he even sat down with his plate to actually begin eating. I served it over rice and with a side of sauteed zucchini and onions. We had a tad bit of rice and sauce from the chicken left, but that was it! I am already excited about chowing down on those leftovers at lunch tomorrow. This will make it into the dinner rotation I am pretty sure!

Tomorrow night the plan is to have leftovers or either unstuffed cabbage rolls. I haven't decided that one yet. Thursday I plan to do a roast with carrots in the Crock Pot. Brad and I are often late getting home on Thursday nights due to praise band practice so it is the perfect night for a slow cooker meal.

All of these meals are level one of the 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly or they can be easily converted to be detox friendly. I hope this helps to give you some ideas for your own meal planning! What have you cooked lately? Feel free to share you recipes! If you try any of these recipes let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment