Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hello My Name Is . . .


Hello, my name is Elizabeth! Welcome to my blog! With a long name like Elizabeth, I get asked all the time, "is that what you go by" or "what do you like to be called"? My typical response is, "I introduce myself as Elizabeth, but people usually find their own nicknames for me". You have NO idea how many nicknames I have. They range anywhere from the normal, Liz, Beth, Lizzie, LizzyBeth, Lizzy Lu, Lizzy Lu Who, Lizzie Ann (my middle name IS Ann), and "E",  all the way to Lizard Breath and Bubba. The latter two are, of course, both family given :-)! I truly think I have a different nickname from just about every person I know, so pick something that works for you . . . I'll probably answer! However, it does make my husband happy when people call me Elizabeth. He's not so keen on being married to a "Bubba". I don't guess I can blame him! :-)

Okay, so you are probably wondering what is this "Musings of a Microwaved Marshmallow" blog all about anyway? I decided to write this blog because I am trying to be healthier. I turned 35 in May and set a goal on my birthday to let 35 be my healthiest year yet. So far that's not going so great! However, I recently did a "Whole 30" challenge. I actually lasted about 40 days following the true "Whole 30" guidelines. During that time I lost weight and felt great. I had more energy, and I really enjoyed the Paleo/Primal lifestyle. I have tried to maintain the Paleo/Primal eating habits since then, but I find myself off track quite frequently. Since reverting back to my old habits, I have gained most of that weight back, I am tired and just don't feel as good. So, with 6 months left until I turn 36, it's time to get in gear! 

I have made a meal plan for the week, and I intend to get back on track starting with dinner tonight! This weekend was busy, and I did not get to the grocery store, or I would have gotten started this morning. I know . . . excuses, excuses, excuses! Anyway, I intend to use this blog as a form of accountability, and you my friends, will hopefully be my accountability partners. I will share various things on here such as my meal plans, recipes, health tid bits, and other things I find (or think you may find) of interest. Please follow this blog and let's encourage one another on our life journeys! Have a happy day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment