Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thanks Cavegirl Cuisine! Dinner was Great last night!

Hello again! I didn't take pictures of last night's dinner, but it was delicious! I made this Stuffed Chicken Breast from Cavegirl Cuisine. I didn't have coarsely ground almond meal so I used almond flour instead. It was good, but I can see how the more coarse would give it a nice texture. I thought about chopping some pecans really fine and adding them to the flour. I didn't but maybe next time. I hadn't made this before so I was unsure as to how strong the flavors would be. I wanted some veggies to go along with it, but I didn't want to overwhelm them with flavor since I didn't know what to expect from the chicken.

I went through the fridge to see what my options were. I started by heating my pan on medium heat. Once preheated, I added some olive oil. Next I tossed in one small chopped onion followed by 3 or 4 cloves of minced garlic. I added chopped zucchini, carrots, and asparagus. I then added salt and pepper, a dash of red chili paste, one or two chopped basil leaves and a few dashes of coconut aminos. I just sauteed until all vegetables were tender.  It was delish! 

I plan to try the stir fry veggies again soon with some almond butter. I will go heavier on the basil, chili paste and coconut aminos to see if I can give it a Thai flare! Yum. I will let you know when I try that one. I'll try to take some pictures, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment