Sunday, November 24, 2013

Moderation: My Slippery Slope

Okay, so I admit it, I have been bad! I got off plan, and I have basically got to start over. I was doing moderately well, when I had to go out of town for work. I decided to eat what I wanted while out of town, then it was my husband's birthday, etc. So, I basically just ate whatever I wanted for the past week.

I have found that I have to be strict with myself or I just slide right off the road. Some people have no problem with a little piece of cake here and jumping right back on the bandwagon. I however, think, well my day is messed up so I may as well have what I want now. That one slip up then turns into a day, a week, a month, and so on. So, I find that I have to have a plan, and I can not deviate from the plan. That is not to say that if I have roast planned for dinner on Monday that I couldn't switch that out and just do leftovers, etc. However, I can't sneak in that one bad food and not go down hill.

My husband turned 40 this weekend, and he set a goal to exercise daily for the next year. He was planning to also diet by counting calories starting today. However, he has had a couple of episodes where he didn't feel very good after eating some meals recently. I think he is now willing to jump on board and eat a Paleo/Primal diet with me. I hope he does. Mealtime will be simpler if we are both eating the same thing.  I think he will feel better going Paleo/Primal over calorie counting, too.

So, he and I are back on track starting with tonight's dinner. I have some meals planned from now through Wednesday lunch. We are going home for Thanksgiving, and we will be doing a lot of traveling. We will try to make better choices over the holiday, but since we will be traveling so much we have already accepted the fact that we will probably eat whatever we want from Wednesday evening through Saturday evening. We will try to start back over the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

So here are some meals we are planning starting with tonight's dinner.

Sunday Dinner: Crock pot roast with carrots, paleo dressing, and green beans.
Monday Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with chicken sausage.
Monday Lunch: Leftovers from Sunday.
Monday Dinner: Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Tuesday Breakfast: Egg Muffin Cups
Tuesday Lunch: Leftovers.
Tuesday Dinner: Something with stew beef . . . unsure what this will be, I just have some meat I need to use! I would do beef stew, but don't want to do that since having roast tonight. Any recipe ideas . . . let me know!
Wednesday Breakfast: Egg Muffin Cups
Wednesday Lunch: Leftovers

I will keep you posted on how our week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment