Saturday, November 9, 2013

Oh.My.Yum! Paleo Bacon Pancakes!

I have tried paleo pancakes before, and they have been not so desirable. However, these paleo friendly pancakes from Organically Paleo are delish! I followed her recipe pretty much to the letter. I did make one major change. She made blueberry pancakes, and I made bacon. I didn't have any blueberries. I couldn't decide if I was in the mood for salty or sweet this morning. I thought about making bacon to eat with my pancakes to give me a taste of both, then I just decided to throw the bacon in the pancakes. I love the taste of bacon or sausage when it gets syrup on it from your pancakes, waffle or french toast so I thought it would taste great to just throw the bacon right in the batter. It was good!!! One side note, if you do eat the pancakes without the maple syrup they don't have much sweetness to them without the fruit. They then taste a little like hoe cakes or lacy cornbread. If you are from the south, you definitely know what I am talking about, right? In fact, I think I may try them again, add a little salt and a little more liquid and see if I can make some paleo friendly hoe cakes! Oh yay!

It is an absolutely beautiful day today. Typically, on such a gorgeous day, I would want to be outside doing something. Today is a bit chilly and windy though. So, I think I will stay in and try out some paleo holdiay-ish sides. Dressing is definitely on the list. We have had turkey this week already so I will probably cook pork chops to go with the dressing. I may even get creative and try a broccoli casserole with cauliflower rice. Something sweet is on the list, too. I am headed to the kitchen now. I will let you now how my experiments turn out!

Paleo Bacon Pancakes with Maple Syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment